background

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Adella loves to take a bath!



Adella is finally taking a real bath. She liked it right away. I guess the warm water is soothing. She is taking to a feeding/sleeping schedule for the most part. I have to pull a few tricks however, such as giving her a bath to prolong her wake/play time in the late evening. I would love to see her sleep less in the afternoon and more through the night but I guess this will come with time.

We are adjusting to life well. I have always respected motherhood but I have a new found respect for it now! Being a mom really does mean being a jack of all trades. (I am sure that I will continue to realize this and comment on this theme for many months to come.) I am getting used to not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time and to only speaking with an infant and dog all day long. Both are adorable and great listeners however, neither of which are good conversationalists! (I have never liked the sound of my own voice but I am really sick of it now!) I have also realized that I don't know ALL of the words to any songs! I start to sing a song to Adella to calm her or while I am changing her and inevitably it ends with me humming or trailing off because I can't remember how the rest of the song goes. (even my favorite ones!) I guess I will have to work on that or just spare her and stop all together.

2 comments:

jennah said...

look at that gut and thigh rolls, scrumptious! she is so wide-eyed and alert! how fun being a mother is, huh? makes it exciting to wake at 2, 3:30, 4:45, 6:00 AM just to see her, doesn't it? don't forget to blog up on your moving prospects too..

Christy said...

She's so beautiful Val!! I can't wait to meet her in person..though she and Julia will probably be able to chat it up by then. Miss you!